1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

pre to hero questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mw383, Oct 13, 2009.

1. mw383

mw383 Active Member

Dec 5, 2008
    got the pre about a month ago and still have a few days to return it. am seriously considering the hero having had a G1 and digging that before i was sucked into the iphone web (at&t bleeps...)

a couple questions that will either seal/break the deal:

can you multitask on the hero as you can in the pre? ie: have pandora going while you check email and answer a text?

pre's webOS allows syncing with all three of my accounts: gmail, yahoo and hotmail. notifications for all three show up along with threaded conversations w/ various contacts. can the hero also do this? or is yahoo/hotmail restricted as it they are on the iphone?

as i said, i had the G1 and am familiar w/ android. these capabilities are why i would stay with pre/webOS. if the hero can also do them, i'd switch.

thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. mw383

mw383 Active Member

Dec 5, 2008
    anyone?

3. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

The Hero multitasks.

And yes it does do threaded conversations although I'm not sure with so many accounts as I just use Googlemail....

4. mw383

mw383 Active Member

Dec 5, 2008
  5. cswee10582

cswee10582 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    i have gmail and 2 aol accounts linked to my phone, not a problem. I just left my pre on sunday, and I LOVE IT!

i use mine for everything, and have yet to find a phone that works as good as my old gen 2 ipod did years ago! this thing ROCKS!

I was hesitant to leave the physical keyboard of the pre after not having one for the past 1 1/2 years, but WOW! Capacitive is SOOO much easier to type on than resistive! plus the corrective actions the hero makes are AWESOME!

OK! i have to go stare at my Hero now!

Chris S

6. mw383

mw383 Active Member

Dec 5, 2008
    one more small thing: i had to enable a homebrew app in preware to get the led to light up w/ messaging on the pre since it's not native.

does the green light flash when there is a message on the hero as it does w/ the G1? and if so, does it notify for SMS/MMS/email, etc?

it might not sound like much, but it's incredibly helpful

thanks again

7. Fake Name

Fake Name Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Barista
    Green=its good
    Red=you got message or your battery is low, or anything new

8. mw383

mw383 Active Member

Dec 5, 2008
    it constantly flashes, not just for notifications? can this "status" light be disabled and only active for messages?

9. Fake Name

Fake Name Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Barista
    hmmm...not sure, let me try

Sound&display>>>notification flash>>> pick what you want

Tags: