• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

pre to hero questions

mw383

Dec 5, 2008
got the pre about a month ago and still have a few days to return it. am seriously considering the hero having had a G1 and digging that before i was sucked into the iphone web (at&t bleeps...)

a couple questions that will either seal/break the deal:

can you multitask on the hero as you can in the pre? ie: have pandora going while you check email and answer a text?

pre's webOS allows syncing with all three of my accounts: gmail, yahoo and hotmail. notifications for all three show up along with threaded conversations w/ various contacts. can the hero also do this? or is yahoo/hotmail restricted as it they are on the iphone?

as i said, i had the G1 and am familiar w/ android. these capabilities are why i would stay with pre/webOS. if the hero can also do them, i'd switch.

thanks in advance

i have gmail and 2 aol accounts linked to my phone, not a problem. I just left my pre on sunday, and I LOVE IT!

i use mine for everything, and have yet to find a phone that works as good as my old gen 2 ipod did years ago! this thing ROCKS!

I was hesitant to leave the physical keyboard of the pre after not having one for the past 1 1/2 years, but WOW! Capacitive is SOOO much easier to type on than resistive! plus the corrective actions the hero makes are AWESOME!

OK! i have to go stare at my Hero now!

Chris S

Upvote 0
one more small thing: i had to enable a homebrew app in preware to get the led to light up w/ messaging on the pre since it's not native.

does the green light flash when there is a message on the hero as it does w/ the G1? and if so, does it notify for SMS/MMS/email, etc?

it might not sound like much, but it's incredibly helpful

thanks again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones