• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pressing the Update button in the Market...

Does anyone else have to press the Update button twice before an app update will start downloading? This happens to me every time. A single tap does nothing and I have to press it again in order for it to register.

that happens to me, but at no higher frequency than any other tappable thing on my screen.

So I think the problem is the button is just too damn thin and we do a glancing tap and it doesn't register. If you tap it deliberately and accurately, it always works first try.

Other theory I have is that you probably didn't tap the button; it registered as a swipe. That triggers the UI to highlight the button, but it cancels when it detects your finger moving on the screen. Happened a lot to me when I first got the phone.

Upvote 0
that happens to me, but at no higher frequency than any other tappable thing on my screen.

So I think the problem is the button is just too damn thin and we do a glancing tap and it doesn't register. If you tap it deliberately and accurately, it always works first try.

Other theory I have is that you probably didn't tap the button; it registered as a swipe. That triggers the UI to highlight the button, but it cancels when it detects your finger moving on the screen. Happened a lot to me when I first got the phone.

I've tried it several different ways. A quick tap, a longer tap, etc. It never works the first time. Even when I do the exact same thing the second time, it takes two tries before it works. It definitely seems different than other instances where I'm the one who made the mistake by tapping incorrectly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones