• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Prevent bt speaker ringtone

Mark Touhig

Nov 6, 2017
I have a Fold 3 running Android 12 and One UI 4.1.
I connect a Bluetooth speaker to stream radio at work but even with do not disturb switched on and ringtone volume set to zero, when a call comes in - the speaker produces a ringtone which I don't want. Although the phone does remain silent.I feel there must be a setting somewhere - but I can't find one. Any help, step by step, would be very much appreciated thank you.

You can set the bluetooth connection to be media only. Under Bluetooth connections tab tap the gear to the right of the device you are connected to and you can toggle of calls. This should stop the ringtone on the speaker (it does on my S20). Unfortunately, I can't stop the ringer from muting my audio stream.

Upvote 0
You can set the bluetooth connection to be media only. Under Bluetooth connections tab tap the gear to the right of the device you are connected to and you can toggle of calls. This should stop the ringtone on the speaker (it does on my S20). Unfortunately, I can't stop the ringer from muting my audio stream.

Maybe there is also a setting in your music app to allow for ignoring interruptions?

I know BlackPlayer has this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones