• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Prevent GPS from turning off?

OrbitzXT

Lurker
May 16, 2011
I have a young son that my wife and I plan on getting a phone for him, this will be his first phone and we came to the agreement that he can have it if we leave Google Latitude on to see that he's where he's supposed to be.

Is there a way to lock an app so that he simply can't close it? Also is there a way to lock the GPS so that it can't be turned off?

Reactions: Mehmud Khan
Does anybody have a suggestion for the exact opposite - how to PREVENT GPS from being turned ON? My grandfather (either accidentally or whatever) keeps turning on his GPS on his Galaxy S4, and then wonders why the battery only lasts him half the day. I've told him repeatedly that it should just be set to power saving mode, and somehow a few days later it's back to high precision GPS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones