• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Print issues

DeltaTek

Lurker
Jun 5, 2012
Hey guys,
I don't really have anywhere else to turn but this forum, I am having an issue with my bosses droid x.

Basically the issue boils down to him being able to print, images, documents of all kind, and email from the field. Now Motoprint was a decent application, until I called their technical support and I was told that the app does not work without Wi-Fi.

Personally this doesn't make a darn bit of sense to me, why would I only want to print from my Wi-Fi? I would actually log onto the computer to print then, I can't see us being that lazy.
So alternatives? We don't have a server so a VPN print connection is a no-go.

Google cloud is actually pretty amazing, except the print option under email only goes straight to motoprint, and does not give you the option to print your email (non-gmail account) it also does not seem to switch printing preferences when you want it to, we use a Epson workforce 840 series and any excel files or pictures we print comes out all wacky, have the picture will be on one page, and on another only one row for an excel file prints on another.
Is there any application or setting I can use, so that we can print not only our emails using the built in email application, but also files of all kind, word, excel, pdf pictures etc? Any and all help will be appreciated. Thank you
~Alex

Hey guys,
I don't really have anywhere else to turn but this forum, I am having an issue with my bosses droid x.

Basically the issue boils down to him being able to print, images, documents of all kind, and email from the field. Now Motoprint was a decent application, until I called their technical support and I was told that the app does not work without Wi-Fi.

Personally this doesn't make a darn bit of sense to me, why would I only want to print from my Wi-Fi? I would actually log onto the computer to print then, I can't see us being that lazy.
So alternatives? We don't have a server so a VPN print connection is a no-go.

Google cloud is actually pretty amazing, except the print option under email only goes straight to motoprint, and does not give you the option to print your email (non-gmail account) it also does not seem to switch printing preferences when you want it to, we use a Epson workforce 840 series and any excel files or pictures we print comes out all wacky, have the picture will be on one page, and on another only one row for an excel file prints on another.
Is there any application or setting I can use, so that we can print not only our emails using the built in email application, but also files of all kind, word, excel, pdf pictures etc? Any and all help will be appreciated. Thank you
~Alex
I am using google cloud print with an app called ... cloud print. the app is free. when you get the app, it adds google cloud print selections to all your context menus "send", "share" etc. As long as your cloud-print enabled printer is on, or your old-fashioned printer is connected to your computer and you are logged into google, have chrome (does not need to be open) and you have configured correctly, you can send print jobs from anywhere.

My problem is that when you want to print a pdf, the only option is to print the whole thing (even if it's 48 pages long) or nothing. no selecting pages that i can find yet.. hope this helps.

Reactions: PattiCakeUS
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones