• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Printing over USB cable from my tablet?

ChemMom

Lurker
Mar 28, 2012
I have an Acer A500 tablet. I love it, but it would be so much better if I could print directly from it. Going to another computer to print is a pain. I would like to be able to print to our Brother black and white laser printer. I may occasionally use our Brother color AIO printer in my office for printing. The color AIO printer is supposedly wireless, but my usually tech-savvy husband was never able to figure out how to make it work. He said that there is some known issue with it that makes it not truly work as a wireless printer.

I found a free Brother app that is supposed to let you print, but I wasn't able to get it to recognize my Brother HL-2240 laser printer.

I've tried PrinterShare. It prints, but since I'm printing over a USB cable, it will only let me print a test page. The printed area on the test page is less than 1/4 of the page. I can't see paying $13 to print something that is so small it is unreadable. I saw many comments from others who had problems with printouts being wayy too small.

What can I do to print from my tablet? Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones