• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem Copying Files Over USB

bob.f

Lurker
Jan 6, 2010
Hi,

I have a problem with my hero, (or T-Mobile G2 if we're splitting hairs) concerning file copying. I attach the phone to a Win XP PC via USB, and can mount the 16Gb SD card correctly. I can then view the files present on the card with no problem.

However when I do a file copy, typically of a bunch of mp3 files to the phone, the first few files get copied then I get an error saying something along the lines of "drive x: does not exist". The error text varies according to what tool I'm attempting the copy with, but essentially what happens, I think, is that the USB connection to the phone dies and this knackers the copy. In fact it sometimes knackers the PC and I have to reboot.

Strange thing is if I remove the SD card and put in a card reader to do the copy the error does not occur.

Anyone else have this issue ?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones