• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem downloading rsd lite

otter

Jan 15, 2010
After reading and understanding, well, some things I started the process below:
Guide to Rooting Android 2.1 on a Motorola Droid | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I have a problem right away. I download rsdlite, but how do I install it? It saves the file or program to my desktop, but it's not a .exe file. It's a RAR file, opens w/ unknown application. What's next?

I downloaded from:RSDLite4.6.7z using firefox and also from: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service using google chrome.

OK I just installed sprecovery...a little nervous for some reason, but hey it's my first time! Which ROM would you suggest installing? Should I backup my information again before installing a ROM? Should I use titanium backup or am I not ready for that yet since I'm not rooted? I backed everything up with Astro. Should I just follow the instructions for installing the 2.1 ROM right now and then decide later which to install?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones