• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problem Updating to 4.08.605.2 with RUU

Evhoch

Lurker
Feb 20, 2014
I have a virgin HTC Incredible that I was hoping to unlock and root. Never been touched before. Following the guide on HTCdev, to unlock my bootloader, I need to update to 4.08.605.2 from 4.08.605.19 that I'm on now. I downloaded the RUU and HTC Sync to get the drivers. Everytime I run the RUU, it will run through the program like normal, but the update won't work. The program says that it was successful, and the phone reboots, but it has not updated or even been reset. The program runs through this cycle in about 30 seconds. I have searched all over the threads for this but I can't seem to find a solution anywhere. Hopefully someone has a solution. :thinking:

Thanks,
Evhoch

I have a virgin HTC Incredible that I was hoping to unlock and root. Never been touched before. Following the guide on HTCdev, to unlock my bootloader, I need to update to 4.08.605.2 from 4.08.605.19 that I'm on now. I downloaded the RUU and HTC Sync to get the drivers. Everytime I run the RUU, it will run through the program like normal, but the update won't work. The program says that it was successful, and the phone reboots, but it has not updated or even been reset. The program runs through this cycle in about 30 seconds. I have searched all over the threads for this but I can't seem to find a solution anywhere. Hopefully someone has a solution. :thinking:

Thanks,
Evhoch
when you boot into hboot, does it say "locked" or "unlocked" at the top?

this is the definitive guide to follow:
http://androidforums.com/incredible...ot-unlock-downgrade-achieve-s-off-htcdev.html

Upvote 0
Yes it says locked. Just like I said in the previous post. Its version 1.02.
then there is no need to run the RUU, follow the rest of the steps to get the unlock token.

(FWIW a truly virgin incredible would have an older hboot, what is virgin to you is not necessarily virgin to old school incredible users, hence the clarification questions :))

Reactions: Evhoch
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones