1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Problem with 3G Connection??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scudder, Jun 23, 2010.

1. scudder

scudder Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    Male
    Ex-attorney ("retired" at 27)...
    State of Confusion (FL too)
    Hello...

I am having intermittent and ANNOYING issues with my EVO. For some reason, my phone has had trouble connecting to 3G. For example, I attempt to use my browser or check my mail or download an MMS message...all thing that require a 3G (or wifi but that is not the issue) connection and I get the following error messages:

With my Mail app...
    Unable to connect
    You need a network connection to use this application. Please turn on mobile network or Wi-Fi in Settings.

With my browser...
    No Network Connection
    Browser cannot load this page because there is no internet connection

My Mobile Network is ON (ALWAYS on) and I am not concerned with (nor do I have available when this happens) wi-fi.

Any thoughts??

THANK YOU!!

Scott

Advertisement

2. dmcduck

dmcduck Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Computer Geek
    Ohio
    It sounds like you may have a faulty radio in your device. Take it to a service center and have them test it.

3. Lord_Kaizer

Lord_Kaizer Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Yeah i sometimes have that issue,but i normally turn on airplane mode and then off & that usually fix the 3G problem that i be having

4. scudder

scudder Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    Male
    Ex-attorney ("retired" at 27)...
    State of Confusion (FL too)
    Thanks for the suggestion...is there any reason to "update the profile" or PRL or any of those updates?? I remember with my centro that sometimes the "vision services" needed to be updated with a ##4282# or some code like that.

Will make my way over to a service center though...thank you.

Scott

5. Chrissycan

Chrissycan New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Wow... I am having the same issue and when I read the thread about turning the airplan mode off and back on I thought that was the craziest thing I've heard. But desperate as I was I did it and voila'... I'm up and running again. Now if anyone can explain to me why my email won't archive, that would be great! They show up, I open them, read them but when I exit my mail acct, they disapear and are no where. Sprint has been no help.... anyone?

Tags: