• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help problem with contact list

sanitta91

Lurker
Jan 5, 2011
hi.
my HTC Desire has a problem. when i tried to open my contact list to call someone it showed me this - the application People (process com.android.htccontacts) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

and then the contact list closed. not sure what to do. any ideas ?

Have a look at the log file, you can download a free app called aLogCat that will show you any errors that have been reported, along with a stack trace. If you can post that here, then we might have an idea problem cause.

Can you do a search using the quick search box? Press the search button from the home screen and type one of your contact names.

In the worst case, your contacts DB is corrupted. If you've set up a gmail account then they might be synched their. Check -> https://mail.google.com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones