• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem with downloads restarting at random

dyh

Jun 3, 2010
I am testing out the Vibrant. I have a strange problem where downloads will keep restarting. I was finally able to finish downloading the Samsung drivers for Easytether, a bit over 18 MB, but it took several tries and several hours.

Does anyone else have this problem? Unfortunately for me my current residence isn't in a 3G area so I only have Edge at the moment. Hopefully HSPA+ is coming to the bay area soon. If not I'll have to return this phone.

I can't remember for sure, but I think I also had this download restarting problem when I was at the store in a 3G coverage area. I needed to download the text to speech software for Maps Navigation, and I think it took a few tries before it finished properly. That was around 4 MB. In addition to the restarting, it also seemed to take awhile for 3G, but I'm new to T Mobile and Android.

I've heard the HSPA+ enhanced Vibrant is even faster than current Wimax, so if that's the case it would be great, but if I can't get a stable connection that's that fast, I'll switch back to Sprint.

Let me know if you have any info or thoughts for me, thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones