• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem with Setting Profiles app

GKS

Apr 24, 2010
I have set up this app with an 'At Home' profile to switch WiFi on based on cell location and Lat/Long . I have also set up an 'Away' one using inverse condition to switch WiFi off when I leave the house. The Away profile auto-activates no bother but the At Home will not activate when I return home so Wifi does not come back on. I know it's not a big thing to manually switch it on but I like the idea of doing it automatically. Anyone with similar experience / words of wisdom?!!

If you JUST want to do what you are looking to do then this app is so simplistic. I like Tasker and use it for bluetooth on/off control but I found it unreliable on wi-fi

IT'S SO EASY TO USE AND STABLE.

Y5 Battery Saver: Home

Try it and see

ps. I'm in UK and I once connected to BTOPENZONE. Make sure common names like this are deleted or not remembered in phone settings otherwise Y5 will continue to turn on wifi when this name is in range (nearly always if in big city). If you keep on asking software to forget connected name then it will keep reappearing, so turn it off/delete in phone settings instead

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones