• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Problems I've had since rooting

Chasingamy

Lurker
Mar 31, 2010
OK, I rooted and last night after careful research and much thought and am loving it so far. BB0.4. Haven't messed around with kernels or themes yet.

Here are my issues:

Advanced Task Manager Free doesn't work at all.
I have a problem playing a lot of videos, be they through youtube or another site.
Don't seem to have Flash even though I'm on Froyo.

I'm not afraid to ask since I love these forums and not really afraid of being flamed. Seems to be a real community here, and I love it.

Thanks for you help!

OK, I rooted and last night after careful research and much thought and am loving it so far. BB0.4. Haven't messed around with kernels or themes yet.

Here are my issues:

Advanced Task Manager Free doesn't work at all.
I have a problem playing a lot of videos, be they through youtube or another site.
Don't seem to have Flash even though I'm on Froyo.

I'm not afraid to ask since I love these forums and not really afraid of being flamed. Seems to be a real community here, and I love it.

Thanks for you help!

Flash is downloaded and installed as an app separately. I'm not familiar with ATK, it might not be updated for Froyo, not sure. Try auto memory manager or 'tasker' if you feel the need to have additional memory management. They are automatic, work with the OS's built in 'task killing' and are much better IMO.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones