• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems loading webpages

Just wondering if anyone can help me out I have a Flytouch 3 I just put Funnycomb on hoping it might make a difference to this problem but it hasn't. I can load some webpages but most of them get about an inch on the loading status and never budge any further. I have full wifi signal and the pages aren't always the same - one can work one minute (like google for example) but if I try to go back to it I get the same one inch loading bar and it sticks there. Any ideas?

Just wondering if anyone can help me out I have a Flytouch 3 I just put Funnycomb on hoping it might make a difference to this problem but it hasn't. I can load some webpages but most of them get about an inch on the loading status and never budge any further. I have full wifi signal and the pages aren't always the same - one can work one minute (like google for example) but if I try to go back to it I get the same one inch loading bar and it sticks there. Any ideas?

I assume you are connected to your router via wifi...have you tried a wired connection to remove the wifi from the equation?

Upvote 0
Hi mate thanks for the reply I am using my phone to tether so it is acting like a router. I can connect it to my PC via a USB cable but can't do the same with the pad - that was going to be my next question - do I need to flick the wifi switch off if I want to tether or is there something else I need to do? I've used a laptop with the phone tethering on wifi and it's fine so if I can tether with the pad via a cable I will know it's something to do with the wifi on the pad....

Upvote 0
Hi mate thanks for the reply I am using my phone to tether so it is acting like a router. I can connect it to my PC via a USB cable but can't do the same with the pad - that was going to be my next question - do I need to flick the wifi switch off if I want to tether or is there something else I need to do? I've used a laptop with the phone tethering on wifi and it's fine so if I can tether with the pad via a cable I will know it's something to do with the wifi on the pad....

My Android phones' help pages say USB tethering works with Vista,Win7 and Linux only.

I'm not sure the tablet will be able to communicate with the phone via wifi and the phone access the internet via 3g at the same time...when you said you had your phone tethered to your laptop via wifi was your phone accessing the internet via 3g or wifi (was your phone just acting as a wifi repeater or as a bridge between wifi and 3g?)

3g USB dongles work ok on the FT3 tablets.....

EDIT.. well it works on XP as well as vista & Win7 http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=182134#usb

But does it work with Android? Doesn't seem to...my FT3 can't make up its mind what is connected to the usb when I enable usb tethering on the phone.

Upvote 0
Yeah I see what you mean. I've racked my brains and I remember having the same problems at Dublin airport and a McDonalds whilst logging on to their wifi - especially hotmail - I could log in but when I tried to view an email it would just freeze. I can live without tethering but not loading the pages when I'm out and about really just negates the purpose of me having a tablet... I'm surprised nobody else has raised the same problem and that makes me slightly worried!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones