• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems w/ PC Connection

When I plug my phone into the PC via USB, the PC isn't recognizing it. Under the 'Settings' option and 'SD Card,' it has "MOUNT" in greyed out letters. When I unplug it, it says "UNMOUNT" and I am able to click it. If I do so, it says that it is in the process of unmounting. When the screen goes black or if I click into something else, it just goes back to me being able to click it. Is there any easy way to fix something like this? I'm brand spankin' new to these. :mad:

I downloaded the Motorola drivers, installed them and rebooted the PC with no luck. It still locks up the computer and doesn't recognize it. When I unplug it, I briefly see an icon for it but of course it disappears since it's unplugged. Like a little tease :)

I have three USB ports on the front of my PC and I've tried all three with the same result.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones