• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with incoming calls

Bought a Glide and a Galaxy 2 from ATT store (display models never activated) to use on Straight Talk network.

Happy with the service and the price, but I am now having an issue with the Glide (the SG2 is fine).

My wife occasionally does not receive calls. This has happened at least four times that we know of. I will call her and she won't answer, when I meet up with her she explains that she never got a call and her call log shows no incoming call. I then call her (while standing right next to her) and sure enough her phone shows no sign of an incoming call...although on my end it does go to her voicemail.

If I then make a call from her phone it will work and thereafter she receives calls as she normally would.

I contacted Straight Talk who did some reprogramming (or something?) on there end but the issue is still happening.

My phone (Galaxy S2) is on the same plan with no issues so I am thinking this is a hardware issue.

So my question is...has anyone else experienced this with the Glide or any other phone?

It's almost like the phone needs to be reset after sitting idle for some time and once a call is place using the phone is resets somehow...not sure if rebooting would do the same or not. The reason I say this is bc it has happened after she leaves work (when she doesn't use her phone for several hours) and it has happened in the morning (after sitting idle all night).

My problem is that I imagine the phone seller (AT&T) and the service provider (Straight Talk) are going to just point the finger at each other and I'll never get a solution.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones