• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with internet and notification alerts

Apologies if these topics have already been covered, but I'm having a couple of hitches with my mini pro. Firstly, I find that I'm having to switch the phone off an on once or twice a week, otherwise I don't get audible SMS notifications (the ringtone for calls still sounds). Is this just something I'll have to live with, or is there a way round it?

More recently, I've been finding the internet won't connect. I assumed it was a network issue, until I found either switching the phone off and on or turning the data traffic option off and then on again would get things going (so I'm guessing it can't be to do with the network?) This is more irritating than the tones problem, as the only reason I bought this type of phone was for internet! If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate the help as I'm pretty rubbish with technology and am frankly amazed I've figured the phone out as much as I have...

I have the same device but have not encountered your problems.

Have you ever updated your mini? (Using USB-cable and installing PC-companion)

However, you could try a different SMS-app, with a bit of luck that would solve your problem.

Assuming you phone is up to date it should not behave that way, I hardly ever restart my x10 mini pro, only when battery dies on me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones