• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with opening an address from Gmail in Maps

kathayes

Nov 3, 2012
Somebody emailed me an address and I wanted to copy it and paste it into Maps but it did not let me copy it (the email was in my Gmail), and when I clicked on the address it also clicked on a bunch of other info that was not part of the address so that when it opened in Maps it got confused. I ended up having to memorize the address and retyped it in Maps. Is there something that I am missing here or did wrong?

Thanks.

Does it let you select the text if you press and hold the screen? If so, you could just select and copy out the correct address without the extra text.

If not, you could edit the address to remove the extra text away from the address and forward it to yourself. When you get that email, the address should be clean and you could just click to show the map.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones