• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Procedure for bypassing Activation and Setup

ludeawakening

Android Enthusiast
Sep 22, 2010
Gadsden, Al
I've noticed in a few posts where people need to bypass activation and setup. This is kind of a hard topic to search. So here is how you do it.
First turn the phone on lol. Once it boots to the screen where you tap the android in the center, DO NOT TAP THE CENTER! You tap all four corners of the screen, starting with the upper left, working your way in a clockwise direction, and ending with the bottom left corner. Presto! That's all there is to it. You should be at the home screen now. :D

Reactions: meghanrenee
Didn't know you could do that. All I ever did was when I got to the account login screen, I pressed the login in later button (not sure it's called that exactly) and it skipped the rest and went straight to my home screens.

I'm talking about the initial setup screen before you ever get to account login. The screen you see when the Ally is brand new. The one with the finger going to the android in the center.

Upvote 0
I've noticed in a few posts where people need to bypass activation and setup. This is kind of a hard topic to search. So here is how you do it.
First turn the phone on lol. Once it boots to the screen where you tap the android in the center, DO NOT TAP THE CENTER! You tap all four corners of the screen, starting with the upper left, working your way in a clockwise direction, and ending with the bottom left corner. Presto! That's all there is to it. You should be at the home screen now. :D
Interesting....
question.
Why is this advantageous for one to do?
What can you do with this?

Upvote 0
Interesting....
question.
Why is this advantageous for one to do?
What can you do with this?

Perfectly good answer for that lol. Just say you get ahold of one somehow, like someone has an extra one from a buy one get one deal, or however else you get it (this is how I got a spare.) Me and my sister ordered one. She played around with mine after I activated it but she didn't like it. She decided to stay with her Storm<-- LAME! But anyway, bypassing lets you get into the full system to play around and try ROM's or whatnot without activation.

Upvote 0
Perfectly good answer for that lol. Just say you get ahold of one somehow, like someone has an extra one from a buy one get one deal, or however else you get it (this is how I got a spare.) Me and my sister ordered one. She played around with mine after I activated it but she didn't like it. She decided to stay with her Storm<-- LAME! But anyway, bypassing lets you get into the full system to play around and try ROM's or whatnot without activation.
Oh cool!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones