• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Project Emerald vs EVO 4g

Status
Not open for further replies.

One of the articles is out of date, stating T-mobile will skip HSPA+ to LTE which was written in 2008. We already know T-mobile is deploying HSPA+. Another is analytical data not official word. Still nowhere does it state T-mobile as a company will deploy LTE. All I read is that T-mobile are in talks to possibly lease LTE from Harbinger Capital Partners LP. Still no indication if T-mobile USA themselves will update the current network to LTE. The links were not much help. I would like them too update to LTE and still wondering if you have links saying it officially for T-mobile USA.

Upvote 0
One of the articles is out of date, stating T-mobile will skip HSPA+ to LTE which was written in 2008. We already know T-mobile is deploying HSPA+. Another is analytical data not official word. Still nowhere does it state T-mobile as a company will deploy LTE. All I read is that T-mobile are in talks to possibly lease LTE from Harbinger Capital Partners LP. Still no indication if T-mobile USA themselves will update the current network to LTE. The links were not much help. I would like them too update to LTE and still wondering if you have links saying it officially for T-mobile USA.

So hold on... T-Mobile in Europe has stated they're deploying LTE. T-Mobile USA says they will skip HSPA+ and go straight to LTE. They later surprise everyone with an HSPA+ network rollout that will be nationwide in a matter of months after rollout (much faster than their 3G rollout), and you take that to mean they have totally abandoned LTE?

I haven't seen anywhere where T-Mobile USA has said they abandoned LTE. On the contrary, the only thing they have ever said about it is that they will deploy it.

Whether you believe it or not doesn't matter. The fact is they are deploying it, and I posted a link where they officially said they were deploying it. You say it's outdated but you never posted any newer statements from them that retract their previous statement.

So if you have an official statement from T-Mobile that retracts their promise to roll out LTE, then I would love to see it. Otherwise, that promise still stands. Not to mention the article from May 2010 talking about how T-Mobile USA has been talking with an LTE provider. I am pretty sure there isn't any info more current than that...

Upvote 0
You do not have an official statement saying they will deploy it for USA. Only that they are in talks or on a path possibly invest in LTE. I just wanted official word if T-mobile USA will update their network for LTE and so far there is no word from T-mobile.
So far, there are indications that they will lease from Harbinger. How can I have an official statement that retracts a T-mobile USA LTE deployment when you haven't even presented anything showing official word that they will?
There is still no official word stating T-mobile will deploy LTE. The Harbinger network may never even be built. T-mobile is in no rush, there's still HSPA28/42/56 revisions that UMTS operators (ie ATT and TMO) can upgrade to before they are actually forced to switch to LTE like Verizon. I thought you had official word T-mobile USA would deploy LTE, but I was wrong, you don't.

Upvote 0
You do not have an official statement saying they will deploy it for USA. Only that they are in talks or on a path possibly invest in LTE. I just wanted official word if T-mobile USA will update their network for LTE and so far there is no word from T-mobile.
So far, there are indications that they will lease from Harbinger. How can I have an official statement that retracts a T-mobile USA LTE deployment when you haven't even presented anything showing official word that they will?
There is still no official word stating T-mobile will deploy LTE. The Harbinger network may never even be built. T-mobile is in no rush, there's still HSPA28/42/56 revisions that UMTS operators (ie ATT and TMO) can upgrade to before they are actually forced to switch to LTE like Verizon. I thought you had official word T-mobile USA would deploy LTE, but I was wrong, you don't.

Not true:
T-mobile demos mobile LTE

Do you have anything to suggest they will deploy a different technology in the USA than they do everywhere else in the world? Because up to this point, their networks have all run the same tech.

Upvote 0
Not true:
T-mobile demos mobile LTE

Do you have anything to suggest they will deploy a different technology in the USA than they do everywhere else in the world? Because up to this point, their networks have all run the same tech.

Demonstrated. They will probably deploy it at some point but still have not said when or how they will. They still haven't said yet. I thought they said they will deploy it already but there is no official word yet. Probably waiting where HSPA+ is going before gong to LTE and waiting for the technology to mature.

Upvote 0
Demonstrated. They will probably deploy it at some point but still have not said when or how they will. They still haven't said yet. I thought they said they will deploy it already but there is no official word yet. Probably waiting where HSPA+ is going before gong to LTE and waiting for the technology to mature.

HSPA+ is part of the natural upgrade path to LTE. Kind of like EVDO Rev 0 is part of the natural ugrade path to EVDO Rev A. T-Mobile had said they would skip HSPA+ and go straight to LTE, but they later changed their mind (presumably due to being able to roll it out sooner).

Upvote 0
here in Oklahoma city metro sprint is more or less dead weak signal in most places. ATT is a bit better stronger signal in most areas but 3g is choppy.T-mo is the way to go, few dropped calls compared to sprint and ATT, strong 3g connection. HSDPA suppose to come next month. Not sure about Verizon, just came here about a year ago and still not available or really weak in most areas. Currently don't know anyone what has verizon.

Upvote 0
Nationwide? Hardly.

tmo3gmap.jpg

And notice Tmo purposely uses very similiar colors to purposely make it harder to figure out which area is "Edge", or 3G/HSPA+.

Keep in mind, only the DARK purple is 3G/HSPA+, and the light purple is Edge or worse.

This screenshot is taken directly from the tmo website, as of June 24/2010

I guess the entire states of Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, aren't included then. And since ATT and Tmo use different 3G bands, well, no 3G Roaming.

Why may Tmo not have thier very own LTE rollout? $$$. Tmo USA doesn't have the money to do it. Pretty simple really. LTE is a very expensive roll out, and the LTE licensing fee's just top it off. That's why Tmo was rumored to be considering WiMax as well.

"Natural upgrade path" ? What? That's called marketing jargon. There's nothing natural about the move from 3G to 4G. Two completely different technologies.

And another up for WiMax/LTE vs HSPA+, latency. It takes a few seconds (sometimes longer if the local tower is busy/congested) to even establish a data connection. LTE/WiMax does this same feat in about .1 Second. Now you may say 2 or 3 seconds is no big deal, but when browsing the web, streaming media, etc etc many repeated tasks that have the connection in a state of on/off flux, well that 2-3 seconds adds up.

Upvote 0
Why may Tmo not have thier very own LTE rollout? $$$. Tmo USA doesn't have the money to do it. Pretty simple really. LTE is a very expensive roll out, and the LTE licensing fee's just top it off. That's why Tmo was rumored to be considering WiMax as well.

"Natural upgrade path" ? What? That's called marketing jargon. There's nothing natural about the move from 3G to 4G. Two completely different technologies.

And another up for WiMax/LTE vs HSPA+, latency. It takes a few seconds (sometimes longer if the local tower is busy/congested) to even establish a data connection. LTE/WiMax does this same feat in about .1 Second. Now you may say 2 or 3 seconds is no big deal, but when browsing the web, streaming media, etc etc many repeated tasks that have the connection in a state of on/off flux, well that 2-3 seconds adds up.
#1: T-Mobile has plenty of money. The T-Mobile USA division is making money every quarter (not losing it like Sprint). Plus they also have the money of the European division (which has Verizon type money, or even more).

#2: LTE was made to be the next upgrade form HSPA+. They may very well be different technologies, but the upgrade from HSPA+ to LTE is simpler than Sprint's CDMA to Wimax.

#3: Nobody is claiming HSPA+ is as good as LTE. We all know LTE is faster with lower latency and so on. Just pointing out that LTE is the next step for T-Mo after they roll out HSPA+.

#4: T-Mo was only considering Wimax because they were thinking about buying Clearwire, which already had Wimax rolled out in several cities. They weren't planning on rolling out their own Wimax, only buying a company that already had it rolled out and was well on their way to having it nationwide. The big boys in Europe killed that though, because they wanted the same tech in the USA as in Europe, so they began rolling out HSPA+.

Upvote 0
#1: T-Mobile has plenty of money. The T-Mobile USA division is making money every quarter (not losing it like Sprint). Plus they also have the money of the European division (which has Verizon type money, or even more).

No they don't. Sprint isn't losing money lol.. They have the fastest growing Prepaid division in the states. Prepaid is the future IMO. Pretty smart if you ask me.

#2: LTE was made to be the next upgrade form HSPA+. They may very well be different technologies, but the upgrade from HSPA+ to LTE is simpler than Sprint's CDMA to Wimax.

And more costly. Still doesn't change the fact that it's not a natural progression in any way shape or form.

#3: Nobody is claiming HSPA+ is as good as LTE. We all know LTE is faster with lower latency and so on. Just pointing out that LTE is the next step for T-Mo after they roll out HSPA+.

If they can afford it.

1.) They don't have the spectrum. Very expensive. VZW spent around $9.6 BILLION. Thats alot of money.

2.) You highly underestimate the costs of a network rollout. Even on Tmobiles tiny network, to cover the same amount of thier data network with LTE would cost billions. Something Tmo USA doesn't have.

#4: T-Mo was only considering Wimax because they were thinking about buying Clearwire, which already had Wimax rolled out in several cities. They weren't planning on rolling out their own Wimax, only buying a company that already had it rolled out and was well on their way to having it nationwide. The big boys in Europe killed that though, because they wanted the same tech in the USA as in Europe, so they began rolling out HSPA+.

Lol this is just trash. They were talking about LEASING WiMax from clearwire. Now your just making things up.

Upvote 0
No they don't. Sprint isn't losing money lol.. They have the fastest growing Prepaid division in the states. Prepaid is the future IMO. Pretty smart if you ask me.
Get your facts straight.
Sprint Nextel announces financial results for Q1 2010 | TradingMarkets.com
Sprint lost 865 million dollars in Q1 2010. That includes any alleged profit from the prepaid. It was still an overall loss of 865 mil. Which is actually better than they have done in previous quarters.

And more costly. Still doesn't change the fact that it's not a natural progression in any way shape or form.
Bull. See this:
AIRCOM :-
Salty's link said:
Adopting HSPA+ as the next step enables operators to meet customer demands quickly and cost-effectively, using existing infrastructure and spectrum. And, when the time is right – when expanding HSPA+ capacity is less economical or operationally more challenging than upgrading to LTE – HSPA+ offers a natural evolution path to LTE.

If they can afford it.

1.) They don't have the spectrum. Very expensive. VZW spent around $9.6 BILLION. Thats alot of money.

2.) You highly underestimate the costs of a network rollout. Even on Tmobiles tiny network, to cover the same amount of thier data network with LTE would cost billions. Something Tmo USA doesn't have.
See this for T-Mobile's financial info:
Powered by Google Docs
Salty's link said:
Net income in the first quarter of 2010 was $362 million, compared to $306 million in the
fourth quarter of 2009 and $322 million in the first quarter of 2009.

And this is their European parent company:
Deutsche Telekom reports Q1 profit - Yahoo! Finance
Salty's link said:
said it saw a net profit of euro767 million ($974 million) in the quarter

Lol this is just trash. They were talking about LEASING WiMax from clearwire. Now your just making things up.
Again, get your facts straight, See this:
Report: T-Mobile in talks with Clearwire, cable | Signal Strength - CNET News
Salty's link said:
Speaking at an investor conference in Germany, Robert Dotson, T-Mobile USA's CEO said that the wireless carrier was looking into creating a joint venture with Clearwire, which is building a nationwide 4G network and cable companies, to improve its wireless spectrum opportunities.

Anyone that knows anything about investing knows what "joint venture" and "merger" really mean (see the Sprint/Nextel merger for proof).

And, of course, there was this rumor:
Report: Deutsche Telekom may bid for Sprint | Wireless - CNET News
Salty's link said:
Deutsche Telekom could be weighing a multibillion dollar bid to buy Sprint Nextel

Clearly, I wasn't making anything up. You're the one who needs to get his facts straight here as just about everything in your post was wrong.

Upvote 0
Get your facts straight.
Sprint Nextel announces financial results for Q1 2010 | TradingMarkets.com
Sprint lost 865 million dollars in Q1 2010. That includes any alleged profit from the prepaid. It was still an overall loss of 865 mil. Which is actually better than they have done in previous quarters.

Bull. See this:
AIRCOM :-

See this for T-Mobile's financial info:
Powered by Google Docs

And this is their European parent company:
Deutsche Telekom reports Q1 profit - Yahoo! Finance

Again, get your facts straight, See this:
Report: T-Mobile in talks with Clearwire, cable | Signal Strength - CNET News

Anyone that knows anything about investing knows what "joint venture" and "merger" really mean (see the Sprint/Nextel merger for proof).

And, of course, there was this rumor:
Report: Deutsche Telekom may bid for Sprint | Wireless - CNET News

Clearly, I wasn't making anything up. You're the one who needs to get his facts straight here as just about everything in your post was wrong.

Lol wow a whopping 900 million profit world wide! A long way from then 100's of BILLIONS of dollars to provide a nationwide buildout.

But Dotson said that T-Mobile USA, the smallest of the four major wireless operators in the U.S., doesn't plan to wait for additional spectrum to become available. Verizon Wireless, AT&T, and Sprint Nextel not only have more customers than T-Mobile, but these operators' networks are larger. T-Mobile's competitors also have more extensive 3G networks.
As the smallest major player, there has been much talk about T-Mobile's prospects. The company has been losing customers over several quarters. And some experts have speculated the company would team up with smaller regional players, such as Leap Wireless or MetroPCS.

Thats from your own CNET article. So was Tmobile considering the purchase of ALL the cable companies they were talking too? They were in talks of a lease, not acquisition. :rolleyes:

VZW/ATT are "losing money" too, then, due to investment costs. (ATT only recently)

Natural progression -> Something that is NOT a completely different set of technology. LTE and HSPA+ are nowhere near related, therefore cannot be a progression of one another, at all. Quit beating a dead horse.

Upvote 0
Lol wow a whopping 900 million profit world wide! A long way from then 100's of BILLIONS of dollars to provide a nationwide buildout.
Uh, Verizon only posted a profit of 400 million for the same time period, so they are making MORE than Verizon:
Verizon Reports Continued Growth In Cash Flow In 1Q; Solid FiOS, Wireless Growth In Customers And Revenues
Salty's link said:
Net income attributable to Verizon was $0.4 billion in the first quarter of 2010

Thats from your own CNET article. So was Tmobile considering the purchase of ALL the cable companies they were talking too? They were in talks of a lease, not acquisition. :rolleyes:
Uh, those cable companies currently own 49% of Clearwire. So no, they were not talking about purchasing those cable companies. But yes, they were absolutely talking about taking Clearwire off of their hands.

VZW/ATT are "losing money" too, then, due to investment costs. (ATT only recently)
Verizon and AT&T are NOT losing money. Get your facts straight. I posted the Verizon profit link already, here is AT&T's:
AT&T announces financial results for Q1 2010 | TradingMarkets.com
Salty's link said:
Q1 2010 net income attributable to AT&T totalled USD2.5bn

Natural progression -> Something that is NOT a completely different set of technology. LTE and HSPA+ are nowhere near related, therefore cannot be a progression of one another, at all. Quit beating a dead horse.
Stop making crap up. Again, LTE is THE natural upgrade from HSPA+. That is what it was specifically made to be. I already posted a link that specifically said that, and there are literally hundreds more out there. Here is another:
http://www.slideshare.net/marioeguiluz/analysis-wimax-vs-lte
Salty's link said:
By this reason, LTE seems to be the natural path to GSM and HSPA+.

Clearly, you have no idea what you are talking about and you are just not capable of admitting you were wrong.

Upvote 0
Uh, Verizon only posted a profit of 400 million for the same time period, so they are making MORE than Verizon:
Verizon Reports Continued Growth In Cash Flow In 1Q; Solid FiOS, Wireless Growth In Customers And Revenues

Uh, those cable companies currently own 49% of Clearwire. So no, they were not talking about purchasing those cable companies. But yes, they were absolutely talking about taking Clearwire off of their hands.

Verizon and AT&T are NOT losing money. Get your facts straight. I posted the Verizon profit link already, here is AT&T's:
AT&T announces financial results for Q1 2010 | TradingMarkets.com

Stop making crap up. Again, LTE is THE natural upgrade from HSPA+. That is what it was specifically made to be. I already posted a link that specifically said that, and there are literally hundreds more out there. Here is another:
Analysis WiMax vs LTE

Clearly, you have no idea what you are talking about and you are just not capable of admitting you were wrong.

Clearly, you don't understand the difference between marketing jargon and fact. Maybe you should go buy an iPhone.

Here's an example of a "natural" upgrade Path.

EVDO Rev0 --> RevA --> Rev B etc..

Going from HSPA to LTE or WiMax for that matter, is not a natural progression, nor is it any kind of improvement on existing structure. It's an entirely new build out, hence not a "natural" progression. The fact that I had to dumb it down for you this much shows your understanding of networking technologies is limited, at best.

No, T-Mobile not in talks about the acquisition of Clearwire. Do you really think Sprint, the majority shareholder of Clear, would sell thier majority to a competitor, and cripple their 4G agenda? No. Not logical. And were you on the discussion panel? Just because your talking with companies and keeping your options open, doesn't mean you plan on buying them or vice versa. Your assuming.

Rumor + Editorials =/= Fact

And that profit from Verizon/ATT comes from the other parts of thier business's, i.e. home phone, internet, and cable services. Plus the "only" 400 million from VZW is subjective, because VZW has put out loads of money recently. Alltel buyout, the ever expansion of their gigantic 3G network, along with 4G LTE they are currently deploying.

Keep it up though, I almost had to try that time.

Upvote 0
Clearly, you don't understand the difference between marketing jargon and fact. Maybe you should go buy an iPhone.

Here's an example of a "natural" upgrade Path.

EVDO Rev0 --> RevA --> Rev B etc..

Going from HSPA to LTE or WiMax for that matter, is not a natural progression, nor is it any kind of improvement on existing structure. It's an entirely new build out, hence not a "natural" progression. The fact that I had to dumb it down for you this much shows your understanding of networking technologies is limited, at best.
I'm calling BS on this ridiculous claim of yours. I have posted 2 links that prove it, and there are literally hundreds more that a quick google search turns up. If you have any credibility whatsoever, post a link to back up your claim. Again, I have posted 2 so far that prove your claim is bull. LTE is THE upgrade path from HSPA+, and it was specifically made to be THE upgrade path from HSPA+. If you are claiming otherwise, prove it.

No, T-Mobile not in talks about the acquisition of Clearwire. Do you really think Sprint, the majority shareholder of Clear, would sell thier majority to a competitor, and cripple their 4G agenda? No
Well I posted links that prove it, so clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. And Sprint would not be able to stop it, because T-Mobile's parent company was about to buy Sprint too. When you are losing several billion dollars every year like Sprint is, you don't have a choice in the matter. Money talks. If T-Mobile had decided they wanted Clearwire, they'd have Clearwire.

And that profit from Verizon/ATT comes from the other parts of thier business's, i.e. home phone, internet, and cable services. Plus the "only" 400 million from VZW is subjective, because VZW has put out loads of money recently. Alltel buyout, the ever expansion of their gigantic 3G network, along with 4G LTE they are currently deploying.
Prove it, post a link. I think you're making that crap up as you go along. Everyone knows the landline business is dead, and the wireless is carrying both Verizon and AT&T. So if they are showing profit, and they both are as the links I posted prove, then the wireless HAS to be showing profit too. And I can prove that:
Verizon Wireless total adds up, direct adds slow - RCR Wireless News
Salty's link said:
Verizon Wireless’ total revenues, including equipment sales, was up 4.4% to $15.783 billion, and accounted for 58.6% of parent company Verizon Communications Inc.’s revenues for the quarter.
AT&T Mobility Q1 results bolstered by non-traditional devices - RCR Wireless News
Salty's link said:
AT&T Mobility reported total revenues, including device sales, increased 8.2% year-over-year to $13.897 billion, while income was up nearly 21% to $4.169 billion. AT&T Inc.'s wireless division accounted for 45% of the company's total revenues for the quarter.

So Verizon says over 58% of their total revenue comes from the wireless division, and the company as a whole is profitable. Therefore, the wireless division must also be profitable. And AT&T flat out says their wireless division has a net income of over 4.1 billion for the quarter, and their wireless division had 45% of the company's total revenues for the quarter.

Again, you demonstrate that you have no idea what you are talking about, yet you continue to argue.

Here's a novel idea, post a link to back up some of your claims. I have posted a link to go along with every single one of my claims, and you haven't posted a single one yet. Perhaps when you search for a link, you'll realize just how wrong you have been here.

Upvote 0
I'm calling BS on this ridiculous claim of yours. I have posted 2 links that prove it, and there are literally hundreds more that a quick google search turns up. If you have any credibility whatsoever, post a link to back up your claim. Again, I have posted 2 so far that prove your claim is bull. LTE is THE upgrade path from HSPA+, and it was specifically made to be THE upgrade path from HSPA+. If you are claiming otherwise, prove it.

Well I posted links that prove it, so clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. And Sprint would not be able to stop it, because T-Mobile's parent company was about to buy Sprint too. When you are losing several billion dollars every year like Sprint is, you don't have a choice in the matter. Money talks. If T-Mobile had decided they wanted Clearwire, they'd have Clearwire.

Prove it, post a link. I think you're making that crap up as you go along. Everyone knows the landline business is dead, and the wireless is carrying both Verizon and AT&T. So if they are showing profit, and they both are as the links I posted prove, then the wireless HAS to be showing profit too. And I can prove that:
Verizon Wireless total adds up, direct adds slow - RCR Wireless News

AT&T Mobility Q1 results bolstered by non-traditional devices - RCR Wireless News

So Verizon says over 58% of their total revenue comes from the wireless division, and the company as a whole is profitable. Therefore, the wireless division must also be profitable (if you accept that the landline business is losing money). And AT&T flat out says their wireless division has a net income of over 4.1 billion for the quarter, and their wireless division had 45% of the company's total revenues for the quarter.

Again, you demonstrate that you have no idea what you are talking about, yet you continue to argue.

Here's a novel idea, post a link to back up some of your claims. I have posted a link to go along with every single one of my claims, and you haven't posted a single one yet. Perhaps when you search for a link, you'll realize just how wrong you have been here.

Oh know not links :Rolleyes:

Call BS all you like, it doesn't change facts.

Sure LTE can be considered progress, but it's no easier(actually a bit harder, due to cost) to implement than WiMax. Hell, anything superior would be progress, and therefore a progression. But a "natural" progression, as you state, simply isn't possible through LTE. A "natural" progression, would mean staying on HSPA+ and not deploying LTE.

By your logic, is WiMax the "natural" progression for CDMA too, then?

btw, posting links to review sites, etc, doesn't qualify as fact. I could post links from the onion and say I "but I posted links!".

And besides, this argument isn't about ATT or VZW. I believe the thread was about "Project Emerald" vs EVO 4G

Upvote 0
Oh know not links :Rolleyes:

Call BS all you like, it doesn't change facts.

Sure LTE can be considered progress, but it's no easier(actually a bit harder, due to cost) to implement than WiMax. Hell, anything superior would be progress, and therefore a progression. But a "natural" progression, as you state, simply isn't possible through LTE. A "natural" progression, would mean staying on HSPA+ and not deploying LTE.

By your logic, is WiMax the "natural" progression for CDMA too, then?

btw, posting links to review sites, etc, doesn't qualify as fact. I could post links from the onion and say I "but I posted links!".

And besides, this argument isn't about ATT or VZW. I believe the thread was about "Project Emerald" vs EVO 4G
blah, blah, blah, blah....

Again, stop making stuff up that you obviously know nothing about. I have posted several links that totally prove you wrong on every single point. You clearly demonstrated that you had no idea what you were talking about. Yet you continue to pretend to be some sort of expert on the subjects.

Post some links to back it up. When you research the links, you will probably learn just how wrong you have been. The question is, do you have the integrity to come back and admit you were wrong or will you just make up a bunch of garbage with no links to back it up (again).

LTE is THE upgrade path from HSPA+. It was made specifically to be THE upgrade path from HSPA+. And if you are claiming otherwise, post a link that backs up that ridiculous claim. I have posted 2 links now that clearly state it as fact (with hundreds more turning up on a quick google search, and not a single one that I can find saying it was not the upgrade path).

Upvote 0
blah, blah, blah, blah....

Again, stop making stuff up that you obviously know nothing about. I have posted several links that totally prove you wrong on every single point. You clearly demonstrated that you had no idea what you were talking about. Yet you continue to pretend to be some sort of expert on the subjects.

Post some links to back it up. When you research the links, you will probably learn just how wrong you have been. The question is, do you have the integrity to come back and admit you were wrong or will you just make up a bunch of garbage with no links to back it up (again).

Yep, because suddenly links to reviews are now considered fact. :rolleyes:

I don't care about any of the reviews you've posted, because they are opinion. Aside from the financials, all your links were rumor and gossip, designed to due one thing. Increase page views. That's it. I guess you take stuff from TMZ seriously too, then?

EDIT: And I find it funny how now your not using your term "natural progression" any more in favor of "THE upgrade path". It may be a logical upgrade path, but that's not what we were discussing, now is it?

Upvote 0
Yep, because suddenly links to reviews are now considered fact. :rolleyes:

I don't care about any of the reviews you've posted, because they are opinion.

Your posts are opinion. Not only that, but opinion that has clearly proven to be not based in fact in any way.

You want a fact? Check this out:

LTE ~ GSM World

Salty's link said:
Long Term Evolution (LTE) is the next step from 3G/WCDMA & HSPA for many already on the GSM technology curve but also for others too, such as CDMA operators. This new radio access technology will be optimized to deliver very fast data speeds of up to 100Mb/s downlink and 50Mb/s uplink (peak rates).
Designed to be backwards-compatible with GSM and HSPA...
LTE has the advantage of being backwards compatible with existing GSM and HSPA networks, enabling mobile operators deploying LTE to continue to provide a seamless service across LTE and existing deployed networks...

Uh oh, that is the official site of the GSMA, claiming that LTE IS the upgrade path, and it is even backwards compatible to HSPA+. That IS a fact.

Again, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Yes, it IS the natural upgrade path from HSPA+.

If you have any credibility and/or integrity, you will either admit you were wrong or post a link to support your opinion that you repeatedly pretended was a fact.

Upvote 0
Your posts are opinion. Not only that, but opinion that has clearly proven to be not based in fact in any way.

You want a fact? Check this out:

LTE ~ GSM World

Uh oh, that is the official site of the GSMA, claiming that LTE IS the upgrade path, and it is even backwards compatible to HSPA+. That IS a fact.

Again, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Yes, it IS the natural upgrade path from HSPA+.

If you have any credibility and/or integrity, you will either admit you were wrong or post a link to support your opinion that you repeatedly pretended was a fact.

Lol your wrong again cupcake. Just because an organization says something, doesn't make it a fact. But keep posting your links to Marketing Jargon, Blog Sites, and other things. This is amusing. Just because they picked the next generation of technology to supersede existing technology, doesn't make it a "natural" or extended progression of CURRENT technology.

And backwards compatibility =/= "Natural Progression"

"Natural Progression" would be building on to and existing network, not building brand new. New infrastructure needed from the ground up, then it is not a progression of the existing technology in anyway shape or form.

If they through backwards compatibility into WinMo7 ---> WinMo Legacy, that wouldn't make it a "natural progression", now would it? (since they built winmo7 from scratch)

And keep in mind, that organization will say anything it has to say in order to SELL it's technology.

|R|E|A|D|

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones