• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PS3 Controller Clarification

Phoenix111

Jun 20, 2010
I just want to make sure I am understanding everything I have read before I make any additional purchases. I want to be able to play games/ nesoid, snesoid roms on my Nexus 7 with a controller. To my understanding, I can buy a wireless PS3 controller and a mini usb to otg cable, connect the two, then to the Nexus 7, and everything should work. I have read that I do not have to root for this to work.

The one remaining question I have is that I read I need an additional cable that comes with the PS3 (some kind of usb cable.) What kind of cable is it that I need, and where can I get it as I don't own a PS3 already? Thanks for any help.

The controller charge cable may come with the controller. I never purchased one but the controller that came with my PS3 had the cable. It's just a USB to miniB-USB cable. You may already have a few laying around! You'd still need the microUSB OTG cable to plug into, though.

MiniB is the connector on the right:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ad/Mini_usb_AB.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones