• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Put it in the wash

Brunswick

Jan 3, 2010
Hello all. Pleased to read that the updates are finally coming. Those guys over at XDA have done some great work too.

Unfortunately for me I think that my EVE is pooched :( My 8 month old spit up on my jacket so my wife tossed it in the wash not realizing my phone was in the chest pocket. It was only in there for about 30 sec but it seems that was enough.

I took it apart.....totally, to allow it to dry, and of course removed the battery right away. It will turn onbut it has some problems. The touch sensitive buttons on the bottom don't respond at all, the keyboard is hit or miss and the screen touch sensitivity is off. The screen looks fine and it does respond but it registers the touch away from where im actually touching it.

Is this it for my EVE or does anyone have any ideas for me? Im not completely out of luck as im getting an X10 on my wifes upgrade (which I feel is fair :rolleyes:) but i was quite fond of this phone and was looking forward to the upcoming upgrades.

I think that I know the answer to my own question but im willing to try anything anyone may suggest. Very frustrating.

Thanks in advance

Hey,

I REALLY hope you can help me out. I am sorry to hear about what happened but if you still have the backplate & the battery, I would be very willing to buy it from you. I lost my backplate one night and after dropping mine so many times with no backplate the battery is falling apart. I am really desperate! If you could get back to me at hotdoggie75@hotmail.com I would be very VERY grateful! Thank you so much!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones