• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Put media on SD or Internal, does it matter?

I would say it depends on whether or not you want to use the stock music player. I like a few of the other players on the market but they are not yet able to see the internal phone storage. I did read today that the doubletwist app is about to get an upgrade to make it compatible with internal storage as there are several phones coming out with internal storage like the incredible.

Are there any suggestions for other music players that see internal storage?

Upvote 0
Before my Incredible I had Eris and "3" was my player of choice. I will check out the MixZing but yeah having a hard time believing more music player developers haven't fixed the internal storage problem. I guess it's not that easy. The other option that would be cool is to be able to point it to a specific folder only so that ringtones or other mp3 sounds don't show up in my music player's list.

Upvote 0
To navigate to the internal memory using Astro, move up a folder using the tool bar at top and select the "emmc" folder. This is your internal memory.
Long press on movie file in sdcard and select edit, then move and then navigate to emmc and drop in a folder or in the root if you want. I'm pretty sure most media players will find it no matter what kind of structure it is in, as long as the player supports internal memory.

Reactions: frankiepapa
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones