• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Q: Nationwide Access...not available MMS ?

A couple of times I've received a message about "Nationwide access coverage not available" (or something close) when trying to send or receive an MMS msg. Verizon Tech Support was about as much help as well... let's not go there.

Does anyone know what the message really means ? It happened multiple times last nite & I had good signal and 3G.

I had that happen to me before. I took it into the Verizon store and they just did a factory reset and I was able to send picture messages after. Just make sure you back up your stuff before you factory reset.

My problem is intermittent, today it seems to work fine.

I really am just curious as to the cause. What does the message really mean?

I live in a rural area and that can be an issue, I was also told by a Verizon DM that Verizon has been testing their new 4g network and that can cause loss of service from time to time where I live.

Upvote 0
It'd be really nice to know exactly what the "Cause" of the issue is, what event triggers the Error. I thought it was Chomp, so used the built in text app, same issue. Thought maybe it was the image, but no. I suspect it's something with Verizon's Network... but have no way to know for sure.

Does anyone know if there is a log file for the SMS/MMS app, and where to find it on the phone ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones