• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Quadrant Scores

ShiftAOSP started freezing my phone after I adjusted the governor. Started by flashing it then I went into the settings and oc'd it to 1420. Was working fine for several hours. Then I went into System Panel and noticed the cpu was never dropping below 1000. So I switched the governor and the phone started freezing repeatedly. Had to keep pulling the battery. Was on the stock kernel.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that was discussed in the other thread, if you want to OC either, up the voltage, use smartass governer or switch to a different kernel. It seems that Tiamat's kernel on interactive will cause freezes because of how low it is volted stock. I suggest trying one of IMO's kernels 3.5.11 mod is in the store, I personally like 3.5.8 which you can find on XDA or rootz.

Upvote 0
11 seems to sap the battery more than 8. There is an audio fix on 11 that is not present on 8 but I don't know if that is responsible for it.

There's still the version of 3.5.8 with RHCP's volume tweak floating around. I have the zip if anyone wants it?

And since we're a little off topic. I've tried probably 5-6 different launchers and GO is still my favorite. All the tweaks of LP+ and ADW in a faster smoother package. IMO of course..

Upvote 0
Didn't you say 8 messes up your wife though?

Couldn't say. I'm not married. ;)

If you meant wifi, then no, I haven't had any issues with wifi. If you do, there's a fix for it. I believe deleting the dhcp and wifi folders in data-misc and letting wifi reconnect after a reboot fixes it. You'll have to enter your router password to reconnect the first time after reboot.

I'd rename instead of deleting and then delete the renamed folders after the ROM re-writes them with the new info.

Upvote 0
The issue I have is every day at 12 midnight it will disconnect from wifi and have an issue re-establishing the connection. A reboot fixes it or deleting the access point and having it rescan works sometimes as well

I've got plenty issues with my wife, I don't think they are caused by using the kernel, but the kids and I haven't seen her in over 2 months.

Upvote 0
Couldn't say. I'm not married. ;)

If you meant wifi, then no, I haven't had any issues with wifi. If you do, there's a fix for it. I believe deleting the dhcp and wifi folders in data-misc and letting wifi reconnect after a reboot fixes it. You'll have to enter your router password to reconnect the first time after reboot.

I'd rename instead of deleting and then delete the renamed folders after the ROM re-writes them with the new info.
Where are those files again. I've looked in everything I could find that says data.

And I got 3013 quadrant score on this rom at 1.56ghz, for what it's worth

Upvote 0
Where are those files again. I've looked in everything I could find that says data.

And I got 3013 quadrant score on this rom at 1.56ghz, for what it's worth

/data/misc/

Root of the phone they are 2 folders I agree with iBrick rename them then make sure the fix works before you delete them. Also if you are running .11 I think DT implemented the fix.

Edit: Looks like you got better benchmarks compared to your past ones on Sense roms.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones