• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quadrant Standard Benchmark

Is this a trusted benchmark test? I've consistently run around 1600-1700 every time I've run the test. It displays the Droid X running GB above all others. I noticed in another thread that people were getting high scores, but is it trustworthy?

Yes, it's a good, trusted benchmark. Its a tool, like anything else, it matters how its used.

However, you need to make sure you are comparing apples to apples when you see posted scores. For example, after first installing Quadrant, I got a score of 1621, but I was running on battery saver mode. A fresh reboot and running in performance battery mode and got a score of 1867.

I don't remember what my Froyo scores were (1400-ish, I think), but GB is quite a bit faster all-around to me and the Quadrant scores confirm this.

You also have to be aware that there are ways and tweaks to make Quadrant report higher scores. Hopefully, the scores you are comparing against are on phones that are setup exactly like yours.

Also, there are differences between phones, hardware-wise, and what you have running in the background can make a difference in the reported values.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

edit: by the way, there are lots of Quadrant score threads too, lol, but I think you've already seen this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones