• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about a prepaid Sim card...

german_dude

Lurker
Aug 25, 2014
Hi everybody,

First i want to appologize for my bad english. I am from germany so english is not my mother language..
I have a question and it would be great if somebody can help me out.

I didnt know exactly where to post my question as this is not a detailed question about one carrier so i hope this forum will be ok...

My sister moved to texas (Bowie) before 2 years and i want to send my neffiew a Mobile prepaid Card to his birthday. I already bought him a smartphone ( Cubot Gt90).
I have to buy it from amazon usa as this is the only place i can buy it and send it to him from here (germany).

Now i am really confused about the Prepaid Cards in the us...I always read in most of the details about "plans" etc..
Here in germany "prepaid" means always that there are "NO" monthly fees ,contract,etc.. It means you can load the card with the amount of money you want and then you can use this money in a timeframe of a year.. If its finished you can reload it..

And this is what i am looking for..No contract,no monthly fees (plans--is this plans means??)..
It needs to be a card where he can buy the minutes he wants to talk from a shop as he is just 12 years old and so he dont has a bank account and he will be not able to load the card online.. The best thing would be if he can buy the "minutes" at Walmart or a gas station in Bowie (Texas)..And also it would be great if the minutes are not so expensive..

So what would be the best prepaid Sim Card at Amazon??
I realy want say a "big Thank you" for helping me out!!

Phone: Cubot GT90 unlocked (i think it has a normal simcard size)

greetings from germany
german dude

Hi german dude , welcome to the site!
I moved your thread to the Carrier Comparisons forum :)

What you're looking for is a type of prepaid that most carriers call Pay As You Go. There are a few carriers that you can get PAYG refill cards from in stores, however most have time limits.

Tracfone - has refill cards that last up to one year.
Net10 - Pay As You Go rates.
I believe Walmart and some other stores sell both their SIM/refill cards.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones