• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question about horizontal keyboard

merx

May 1, 2010
Hey guys. I was just curious while using the keyboard horizontally why does it completely cover the screen? When I am typing an sms response I would still like to see the most recent text but it covers everything and also in browser and stuff it just takes the whole screen up.... Is there any way to fix this and at least see a little bit of the top of the screen?
thanks!

The only thing I can recommend is to try using swype. With swype it's actually EASIER to type in vertical than it is in horizontal, because the keys are closer together which increases swype speed. It's also impossible to fat finger with Swype (and trust me I know all about fat fingering).

It might not be the solution you're after, but it'll make it so you can type quickly in vertical and not even have to switch to horizontal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones