• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about Micro SDHC...

Blanco720

Android Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2011
Northern Virginia
So, as some of you know, I was robbed of my Lexar 32 GB micro sdhc. I went to a wedding in NJ, the package came in early, and it sat on my porch over night. Someone stole it before I got back on Saturday. Anyways, I plan on getting another one but they are back-ordered most places online. My questions is, if I start using the 8 gb card included with the Inspire, is it difficult and/or possible to transfer data from one sdhc to another? I know with a hard drive, things that are installed on it shouldn't be transferred to a new hard drive because of how they plug into the OS and registry, etc. I'm just curious if the same would still apply in this situation.

I will have music, data files, and games installed directly to the SD card. Thanks guys, you are always a big help.

I'm pretty sure if you make a clone, exact copy, of the smaller card onto the larger card that everything will work just fine. Be sure to copy everything including hidden files.
Sorry about the thieft. I assume it was insured and you aren't out of pocket. They should have gotten a signature so it was not your fault. The shipper needs to replace it for you free of charge. And stop leaving packages on doorsteps. It isn't 1955.

Upvote 0
I have an Ext. 32GB card and was having some issues with Gallery duplicating thumbnails and I needed to format the card. I literally copied all data from the Ext. card to Internal and formated it. Then cut and paste my data back to External. No issues at all. No apps gone wonky or shortcuts missing. Back to normal. Its like the phone didn't even miss it for that short time.

Upvote 0
I might be confused or not, but let me clarify...

Ill be copying data from the 8gb micro that comes with the phone to the new 32 gb micro that I re-ordered, whenever it comes in. I'm trying to figure out if I've installed apps, music, etc. on the 8gb and attempt to transfer to the 32 gb, will the apps and other files remain functional?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones