• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about Pixel 7 Pro

rdpinr

Oct 28, 2017
Hello. I have been having to make some calls to doctors' offices recently, and have been using speaker mode while holding. The screen stays on the entire time the phone is sitting on the table, and it got me thinking that that just uses up battery quicker than necessary.

Is there a way to make the screen turn off during a speaker call when the phone is just setting on a table, or in your hand?

Thank you for any advice.

Pixel 7 here as well but if you press the power button quickly the display will turn off, press it again to turn it back on or double tap if you have that turned on.
Thank you for the help. I know about the setting to use the power button to end a call, and I have that enabled at the moment. I assume that I must turn that off, or exactly as advertised, I'll end the call.

I will try it the next time I'm on hold (right away, so just in case it doesn't work, I won't end up too far back if I have to call again and start over!)

Upvote 0
power button to end a call, and I have that enabled at the moment. I assume that I must turn that off, or exactly as advertised, I'll end the call.
Yeah, I think you are on to something haha. I forgot that was even an option. There are other ways to dim the screen, probably apps for just that or automation apps - I use Tasker but IFTTT or Macrodroid would work. I have mine set to dim when the screen is face down.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones