• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about RAM, ROM, Internal/External Memory

uberguy2

Lurker
Jul 24, 2012
Hello!

(quick version : skip to last chapter)

I am about to buy my first smartphone, but I am kind of exigeant when buying "the ones that fits the most to me". I know I'm heading to HTC on Android, but I'm hesitating between 4 phones, and there is one particular question that could help me choose.

From what I've heard (irl and on forums), the performance seems usually the first problem mentionned.
Example : a friend with a Wildfire (512MB RAM, 600 GHz) said he had sometimes difficulties with bigger apps. So I'd be heading a little higher. My 4 choices are the Desire S, One S, One V or Sensation.

They have different RAM and ROM and CPU, and here is my question :
IF the RAM is the main limiting factor, is it possible to allocate more RAM place from the ROM ? I'm thinking about this because for some smartphones you can add a MicroSD card, which seems just perfect for storing apps while the RAM + a part of the internal phone do the rest.

Ty ;)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones