• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question about texting and web browsing

twilighter

Mar 17, 2010
jacksonville, FL
Hey everyone. This is my first post on these forums....anyway, I'm seriously considering getting the samsung moment.

I just have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to...

When someone texts you a picture text and there is movement in the text, will it move in the moment? My phone and my husbands blackberry does not have the little flash movies.

On the internet, will you see the flashy stuff on the webpages or does it stay still? His blackberry does this, but my samsung exclaim doesn't. We would like this feature. Anyone know?

Hey twilighter... Your question actually has two answers...

Messages: It depends on how the movement is done. Most of the time the animated images are .gif format pictures, not text. You will see animated GIF images in the gallery viewer if you save them (and possibly in the preview screen depending on settings and formats) but you will not see HTML formatted text or flash text.

Webpages: The stock browser will see most site content except for Silverlight and Flash. Very similar to the Berry browser (he might be using Bolt or Opera Mini - which OM is available in the Market) the Android browsers do not handle flash content (animation, movies, etc...) Skyfire is alpha testing Android right now which will bring side-streaming flash and sliverlight support to the Moment - but don't expect it to be compatible until we get our 2.1 update.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Well, we won't be getting Flash. That was decided already. As for third party things bringing it to us 'on the side', anything is possible. We may or may not get some flash support, though honestly, I see no use for it. Flash is generally only used for ads and games on websites. Would be neat to have, but only really so as a novelty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones