• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question about the .nomedia fix

arglebargle

Jan 12, 2009
I'm one of the recent Woot buyers and I've been looking into the ROMS while I wait for it to arrive.

I've read about the media being deleted from the SD card with these ROMS and the fix.

I think I understand that to keep photos/videos/music on the SD card you need to put the .nomedia file in the directories, or else they will be deleted.

How does that work for things like mp3s? Does your music library not show up in the player? For every song you have to go manually select it? Can you select an album? Or you have to do song by song?

I can see it not being a big deal for the few movies Ill have on it, but in my big music collection or my photos I cant picture how thats going to work.

And is it true TnT Lite doesnt have this issue but vegan does?

I'm one of the recent Woot buyers and I've been looking into the ROMS while I wait for it to arrive.

I've read about the media being deleted from the SD card with these ROMS and the fix.

I think I understand that to keep photos/videos/music on the SD card you need to put the .nomedia file in the directories, or else they will be deleted.

How does that work for things like mp3s? Does your music library not show up in the player? For every song you have to go manually select it? Can you select an album? Or you have to do song by song?

I can see it not being a big deal for the few movies Ill have on it, but in my big music collection or my photos I cant picture how thats going to work.

And is it true TnT Lite doesnt have this issue but vegan does?

The nomedia file only affects the stock music player and the stock gallery. Third party apps like mixzing, you can choose the folders where the app will look for mp3s. I'm not sure if tnt has this issue resolved.

Reactions: arglebargle
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones