• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question about USB Wall Chargers - HERO & General

crawhart

Lurker
Nov 5, 2009
I'm not real savvy about the power situation for the Sprint Hero that I just bought. The OEM power source says that the input is standard 100-240V.

The OEM output shows as 5V=1A.

Now, I have other USB chargers (e.g., for my iPod). The input is the same (100-240V), but the output is:

Output: 5.0V=400mA

Can anyone tell me (a) whether this will HARM my Hero, and (b) whether this will effectively CHARGE my Hero?

ALSO: Connecting to my computer via the USB cable: does the charge take longer than if connected directly to a wall charger?

Thanks for any guidance.

Thanks... that's what I suspected, but wanted a second opinion before I plug an unknown into my 3-day-old Hero.

So, it'll recharge even a little more slowly than my computer's USB. That's OK, I just leave it plugged it while at my desk anyway; it gets an overnight charge from the wall adapter while I sleep.

Appreciate the confirmation!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones