• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question: Apps are assigned to what?

AngelArs

Apr 24, 2011
www.theandroidadvantage.com
I'm going to be buying a new phone in a month or two and was wondering if when you buy an app - is it assigned to your sims card or your phone model?

I'm going to be pulling the sim card out of the old phone and using it in the new phone. Will all of my apps move along with it, or will I have to buy the apps all over again for the new phone? Thanks :)

I agree with pool_shark. Your apps are associated/assigned to your google account, therefore, when you receive your new phone, you just need to use your existing google email account to sign into/register the phone. Also you can log onto the Market website(www.market.android.com) using this same account and then select the following links "My library-Apps-My Orders" to view the current devices that are associated with your google account. This is also where you will eventually see your new phone listed. As far as your apps, they will be available for you to redownload in this same location or some of them will even install immediately after you log onto your new phone. The paid apps will be listed here so that you can reinstall them without having to repay for them. Everything listed here can also be done directly on your phone from the Market app, just be aware that the steps to locate everything will be a little different. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Ron H and AngelArs
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones