• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question for Game Theory!

wcb247

Lurker
Aug 12, 2012
Mr ZEN MASTER GAME THEORY - a question? Ok so here it goes, I
Rooted my stylo 5.02 with lg one click root - installed twrp - made a back-up, then flashed your 5.1.1. Update and su update! All went smoothly - no problemo...
Then tried to tweak too much i guess - so i used the pwr/volume down to boot into twrp - restored my back-up - then flashed your 5.1.1 update and su update again! Wiped cache and dalvik etc.
Still no problemo...
but after awhile i noticed that even though the update flash appeared to go smooth i was still on 5.02 - so i flashed it again etc. Smooth no problems - i was back on 5.1.1 had root and all was good
Then....
I was changing some of the su settings and i got "there was an error" error 100 - so i tried geting into recovery using your reboot tool - no avail
So final i used the pwr/volume down key presses! BUT it didnt boot into twrp - it just started factory reset AND it installed 5.1.1!
So... Im screwed arent i? Locked bootloader etc. My twrp backup is still on my sd card - but im screwed huh? What about a loki patched bootloader like your freedom kernal for the motion? Why cant we make a kdz so whenever any lg phone does a factory reset it installs a rooted version? So should i give up

Loki doesn't support lollipop. If the 5.1.1 ota installed then all you can do is wait till there is root and bootloader unlock for 5.1.1.

If the ota did not remove root then try what DB225 said in the post above.

THANKS for the response! No the ota removed root - so like i thought im basically screwed - what im wondering is WHY it happened? What does su error code 100 mean? And why does flashing the kdz file brick the phone? This was all so easy when i had my spirit and motion why does it seem so much more difficult now - is it just google trying to make you evelopers lifes difficult? Thanks again!

Upvote 0
THANKS for the response! No the ota removed root - so like i thought im basically screwed - what im wondering is WHY it happened? What does su error code 100 mean? And why does flashing the kdz file brick the phone? This was all so easy when i had my spirit and motion why does it seem so much more difficult now - is it just google trying to make you evelopers lifes difficult? Thanks again!

it was LG not Google.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones