• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Question to other google voice sms people

johnchad14

Apr 8, 2010
In the last week or so google voice has stopped ever ending threads of conversation with each contact. It used to start a new thread daily. I'm up to 400 messages in my thread with my girl and it's starting to lag when I load voice now...anyone else experience this? Also can't seem to find a way to force the thread to end. I tried archiving it, but it comes right back when new texts come in. Searched around the google voice help forums and no answers to the issue to be found so far.

Found a workaround to force new threads from searching the voice help forums a bit...it's a pain though. You can delete the thread, receive a new sms from that contact making a new thread, then restore the old thread from trash and not lose it. Tada. What a PITA. Hope it reverts to the way it was before soon...my inbox became so slow it was near nonfunctional when that thread hit around 500 sms.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones