• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root question

Ok maybe I missed it, but how do i remove the huawei symbol and metro voice and crap on start up? pleas make the answer simple and step by step ...been a little slow these days....think im getting old lol
thanks in advance
dhabs

use root explorer and the startup sound is /system/media/audio/ui/bootStrapSound.ogg. You could just delete it or you can overwrite it with this sound http://www.mediafire.com/?3342modz58nz0wb DROIDDDDDDDDD...

Reactions: Dhabliwala
Upvote 0
use root explorer and the startup sound is /system/media/audio/ui/bootStrapSound.ogg. You could just delete it or you can overwrite it with this sound bootStrapSound.ogg DROIDDDDDDDDD...

ok nuttmeg im trying to do this but im getting a message like cannot delete because file is a system read only cant over write using copy/paste either ..God i hate being such a noob at this im an geek other wise:D

Upvote 0
use root explorer and the startup sound is /system/media/audio/ui/bootStrapSound.ogg. You could just delete it or you can overwrite it with this sound bootStrapSound.ogg DROIDDDDDDDDD...
I did not have bootstrapsound.ogg in that folder, but I copied the Droid sound into that folder and that didn't work. I am using a custom start up, could that be overwriting the start up sound? I dont hear anything until I got the notification sound after everything is loaded.

how would I iuse this sound as a notification sound instead of the heaven that is default.

Upvote 0
I did not have bootstrapsound.ogg in that folder, but I copied the Droid sound into that folder and that didn't work. I am using a custom start up, could that be overwriting the start up sound? I dont hear anything until I got the notification sound after everything is loaded.

how would I iuse this sound as a notification sound instead of the heaven that is default.

make a folder on your sdcard and using root explorer move the file to /system/media/audio/ui/, but if you want it as a notification sound on the phone like when you recieve a txt or connect usb, the file will have to be converted to .mp3 instead of .ogg:D

i did it for you enjoy http://www.mediafire.com/?kw6whbbylw6tvqp
that is for notification tones like ringtones and stuff

Reactions: Diablo2k
Upvote 0
make a folder on your sdcard and using root explorer move the file to /system/media/audio/ui/, but if you want it as a notification sound on the phone like when you recieve a txt or connect usb, the file will have to be converted to .mp3 instead of .ogg:D

i did it for you enjoy android_audio.mp3
that is for notification tones like ringtones and stuff
Awsome Thanks, hopefully it works.

[edit] Doesn't show up on the notification ringtones list :( [edit]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones