• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Questions about 2-part rooted Gingerbread .596.

SLR 722

Jul 16, 2010
I had recently flashed the 2-part rooted Gingerbread .596 update and would like to ask a few questions regarding the rooted 2.3.

I had successfully flashed the 2 zip files using Droid X Bootstrap with USB debugging checked. So far, I have not noticed anything wrong since flashing 2.3. Should I expect any errors or problems?

Will I need Droid 2 Bootstrap to make nandroid backups and flash custom ROM's? If I attempted to do these using DX Bootstrap, will that cause problems? Have not made a backup since flashing .596 and would like some clarification.

From what I have heard, if I flash a ROM and wish to return to stock rooted .596, I would have to SBF back to stock FroYo .340 and flash the 2 zip files. Is that correct?

On droid 2 bootstrap. I made a back up in recovery and it just started to create the back up. (didnt ask for a name of the back up) I did this in froyo .340 or what ever. I didnt think anything of it.

Now that I have parts 1+2 of ginger bread on I went to make another back up in the recovery and it just did the same thing (didnt ask for a name to save it under).

Does it just save under the date I did it? Or did I lose my first backup?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones