• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Questions about Android JAVA

mmtbb

Lurker
Mar 5, 2010
I am thinking about switching from WinMo to Android. However, I am concerned about the language.

1) My main concern is with speed. Does android suffer in speed by using a java language compared to a C/C++ language?

2) I like to write games. I am learning C++ right now, but am not proficient. I am currently using an interpretive language with a C based graphics engine. I find that the graphics are pretty fast. The problem is, the interpretive code is slowing down my games. Is this a problem I will find with Android?

Thanks

1) My main concern is with speed. Does android suffer in speed by using a java language compared to a C/C++ language?
is Java slow?
I hate working with Java.
so I'm very Biased with it.

2) I like to write games. I am learning C++ right now, but am not proficient. I am currently using an interpretive language with a C based graphics engine. I find that the graphics are pretty fast. The problem is, the interpretive code is slowing down my games. Is this a problem I will find with Android?
huh?

but anyway.
you can use JNI to port over native languages codes over to android.
in this case only C

and remember that doing everything in your Emulator is slow
compare to your real device

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones