• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Questions about beast battery issues

iamloco724

Android Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2009
i know answers and suggestions are in many threads i just dont have the head to look around for it right now

well ive been bouncing back and forth between roms because since the new beast came out i had bad battery life on it it was super quick though and i really want to use it since its been the rom ive always used

any ideas on what i can do to help with battery life

i like using setcpu so i have control over it and i can see whats happening and i need profiles because of the way i use my phone

Try one of the P3 kernels. I haven't yet but I'm thinking about it and you can let me know how it goes. :p

Seriously though I've heard that those kernels run cool and stable, I just haven't gotten around to trying them out. There is a link somewhere in this forum to get your hands on them. Just remember that Pete's auto CPU scaling won't work with a different kernel, as well as a couple of other things, but I can't remember of the top of my head.

Post impressions if you try it out!

Upvote 0
Try one of the P3 kernels. I haven't yet but I'm thinking about it and you can let me know how it goes. :p

Seriously though I've heard that those kernels run cool and stable, I just haven't gotten around to trying them out. There is a link somewhere in this forum to get your hands on them. Just remember that Pete's auto CPU scaling won't work with a different kernel, as well as a couple of other things, but I can't remember of the top of my head.

Post impressions if you try it out!

forgot to mention that i did try that already

Upvote 0
try not changing the stock settings. leave setcpu at 600 max and 250 min (runs fast enough and cool enough for me). I got about 40 hours out of it. check the picture below to see.

Attachments

• IMG_2164-1.jpg
    IMG_2164-1.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 44
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones