• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions about Hero ROM's

Sonic01

Sep 24, 2009
hey all,

I have an Orange UK branded htc hero, I was wondering if its possible to just flash it with a standard un-branded rom?

I dont want one of the various "custom" roms floating around as they all seem to have little bits and bobs that dont work properly.

I have no issue with my phone i just dont really want to have to wait for Orange to (if ever) write their own versions of the 2 updates for the European hero.

I have an Orange UK branded htc hero, I was wondering if its possible to just flash it with a standard un-branded rom?

No, the RUU updater checks the device serial and won't allow it.

I have no issue with my phone i just dont really want to have to wait for Orange to (if ever) write their own versions of the 2 updates for the European hero.

The previous (2.73.xx.xx) update appeared a week after the generic one was released. That suggests the wait won't be long, so I'd advise holding on.

Upvote 0
Its likely someone will just make a custom rom of the official European one and just add a root access version and maybe one without when it becomes available

this one looks good, looks like some one just got the Taiwan 2.1 rom and uploaded it as a custom ROM we can use

[ROOTED ROM] Official HTC 2.1 Update | Voice Search | Gallery 3D | FAST! - xda-developers

I'm just reading up on how I can recovered my original Orange ROM if anything goes wrong or if i want to go to the official orange 2.1 when it comes out from this thread:

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-hero/54802-how-root-install-custom-rom-backup-more.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones