• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quick Question...

bryston

Dec 26, 2009
I've been having low storage space on my phone and recently I cleared up some apps and now I don't receive that annoying notification anymore... but I want to place some music on my phone and I'm wondering if that will cause my space to be used up and that annoying notification will show up or not? Or is the music stored on the SD Card?

Concerning your low memory.....I discovered this week that my Facebook Events and Updates was really monstrous in size and taking up alot of valuable space in my internal memory resources. That thing just grows and grows and grows......If you have Facebook syncing all of the time especially so.

To check how large your Events and Updates file is phone>menu>touch little person with the sync symbol and viola! you will see events and updates from months and months ago! Whew!

I go to manage apps>scroll down until you find com.htc.socialnetworks.accounts, then clear the data. This will empty the buildup of events and updates. Once you ask Facebook to sync again, recent updates and events will start showing up again. I just make this a part of my weekly maintenance routine for my Erisl. Runs sweet and clean ! Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0
How many songs the Droid Eris holds?
Welcome to the forums. And the wording of your post made me smile a little. :eek:

Well, assuming you have the stock 8 GB card with nothing else on it. If each of your songs were 5 MB MP3's on average, that would be about 1,500 songs. Of course, once you start taking videos and pictures, that will get used pretty quickly. If you bought a 16 GB microSD card, that amount would almost double.

Upvote 0
Right now I have around 1000 songs on mine with an 8 gb card, said goodbye to my itouch long ago :) I haven't attempted to push the limits yet...
I haven't gotten rid of my iPod Touch just yet. Since its a 32 GB, it still has some worth because of the sheer amount of space on it. Once 32 GB microSD cards go down in price though, I really won't need it. My Eris does a good job at playing videos and music, and is a phone.

The screens are the same resolution, even though the Touch is slightly larger. But the Eris has a higher quality screen that doesn't look washed out.

Upvote 0
Demache, I agree entirely! I too have the 32 GB iPod Touch am looking forward to the 32 GB's on my phone. I'm happy to keep my Eris until my time with it is up. After all is said and done, it is doing a great job of providing me with the luxury of carrying only one device around while allowing me to have a phone, keep my music with me as well as e-books and some pretty awesome apps. You are right the screen on the Eris has more depth. I find myself going to my Eris more often than the iPod for that reason.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones