• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Quick questions about Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition

michaelqian

Feb 7, 2014
Hi all,

Bought a Note 10.1 16GB 2014 edition today. Generally I'm very pleased. I was most worried about the "choppy performance" mentioned in most reviews but was relieved to find that it is actually very smooth for the most part, with the occasional minor lag.

My favorite thing about the device by miles is the HD screen. Photos on this screen look absolutely stunning.

The S Pen also makes a world of difference. I find myself using it most of the time even for normal usage and browsing etc.... Handwriting recognition is excellent. Writing with the S Pen feels very natural.

Anyway I have a few quick questions,

1 - Is it possible to put an Action Memo on the home screen? i.e. like a reminder, so you don't have to go into the Action Memo APP to see your action memos. I remember seeing the Galaxy Note 1 having this feature? But I can't figure out how to do this on the 10.1?

2 - Is it possible in a web browser to have Youtube open and playing a song/video in one tab, and browse on another tab? Every time I try this the Youtube video pauses itself. I tried this on both the default browser and Google Chrome.

3 - Anyone got "Smart Scroll" to work successfully? I couldn't get it to work. This "eye" symbol keeps popping up on the screen but it doesn't seem to do anything.

That's all I can think of for now.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

1 - Is it possible to put an Action Memo on the home screen? i.e. like a reminder, so you don't have to go into the Action Memo APP to see your action memos. I remember seeing the Galaxy Note 1 having this feature? But I can't figure out how to do this on the 10.1?

I think you can add it as a widget, then you pick the memo you want to be on your home screen.

Upvote 0
2. How about using Multi Window. I have customized the Multi-Window to include a YouTube screen and another browser window and yes, I can view/hear the YouTube window while active in another tab. To access Multi-Window look for the little tab on the left side of the home screen (white with an arrow pointing to the right). To customize and create a multi-window combo, tap the triangle at the bottom of the multi-window fly-out and choose "create"

3. Iv'e gotten Smart Scroll to work but not sure that it's worth it. I haven't read the pdf concerning this feature. The times I've tried it, it seemed to have a mind of it's own. Maybe I should read the pdf ;)

Multi-Window.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones