• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Quick way to know I missed a call

somanyapps

May 27, 2011
VA
One thing I liked about my old flip style, not a smartphone phone, was that a quick glance at the outer display (didn't even have to flip it open) would tell me I missed a call. Not that it is a big deal to do, but now I have to wake up the phone and look for the missed call indicator in the top left of the display. Does anyone know if there are other options? Is there an option to set off an audible alert of some kind periodically to let you know there is a call waiting. Obviously, there is no light to indicate you missed a call. Thanks.

Edit: I didn't mean call waiting. I meant a missed call.

I downloaded a copy of the manual. It seems what I am doing is pretty much it for determining if I missed a call. Just wake it up and see if the little missed call indicator is there.

Or...you could try the "noled" app. Do a google search for it or look in the market or AppBrain. It lights up a few small blocks on the screen for notification purposes. This is ideal on the AMOLED screen. It uses almost no extra battery life. The Samsung Vibrant users have been using it for awhile.

Reactions: somanyapps
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones