• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Raging Thunder 2 Lite: Best Action Packed Racing Game for Android!

michaelearth

Nov 5, 2009
images

Raging Thunder 2 for Android is a fun, fast paced, exciting 3D racing game! It is great for long play periods or just one race; if thats all you have time for. Its the sequel to the first Raging Thunder on the Android Market Place. It was developed by polarbit and has two versions. One version is the Lite edition, which is a demo of the complete game and has some features locked. The other is the “Full” version which has all the features unlocked. The full version can be purchased for $4.99. I have bought the full version and will be breaking it down into sections during this review.

Presentation

The menus in the game are polished and very easy to navigate through. To move through the menus you swipe left or right to different blocks, once on the block you want you simply just tap it. Also the levels in the game are very detailed and full of life with eye-popping colors. There’s never a dull level in the game! Check out the eye-popping levels in the following pictures:

images

images

images

Game Modes

In Raging Thunder 2, there seven different game modes you can choose from. I was pleasantly surprised with so many options. Usually on mobile games there aren’t many options and are pretty straight forward. With all these choices, they are bound to keep you busy and having fun while playing. The seven different modes include:

1. Time Attack: In Time Attack you race against the clock to finish the map.
2. Survival: In Survival the goal is to be the last man standing. To get eliminated you have to be the last player to finish a lap.
3. Career Mode: Complete in cups and championship races to earn money. With the money you can buy new cars or upgraded parts for your special car.
4. Instant Race: Instant Race allows you to race in a randomly picked stage and car against the computer.
5. Single Race: In Single Race you can pick your stage and car while racing against the computer.
6. Arcade: In the Arcade mode you play through all the stages, while trying not to the timer reach zero.
7. Internet: Internet lets you play multiplayer with friends anywhere in the world!

Graphics/Performance

If you like me then you’re hungry for some 3D graphic intensive game for Android. Well Raging Thunder 2 does not disappoint in this category. The game is in full 3D and has some pretty awesome animations. The cars are fairly detailed and the environments are spectacular! But don’t take my word for it, check out the video at the end of the review.

Gameplay

The Gameplay in Raging Thunder 2 is fairly easy to use. To control the car you tilt your device to the left or the right. If you tilt it left, the car goes left and vice versa. For me, it was really easy to use, but for someone who has never used tilt controls before might have a slight learning curve. But once they get the hang of it, it’s all smooth sailing from there. Check out the video for a better idea on how the controls work.

Lasting Appeal

Lasting appeal for this game is substantial. With the seven modes to pick from and the Internet Multiplayer it will definitely keep you busy for awhile. One small complaint I have is that they could have included a few more maps to race on. It can get tedious racing on the same maps all of the time. Other than that, it’s great.

Conclusion

After having spent some time playing this game and going to through everything the game has to offer, I can without a doubt say that Raging Thunder 2 is in my Top 5 games for Android. It’s perfect for long car rides or even for that moment when you only have time for one race. In any situation, I would not want to be caught without Ranging Thunder 2 on my Android phone!

Presentation: 9/10
Game Modes: 10/10
Graphics/Performance: 9/10
GamePlay: 8/10
Lasting Appeal: 9/10

Overall: 9/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDjwNxnNvhU

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones