• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Raketu vs Skype & other VOIP Programs

tiredhiker

Jan 3, 2009
Raketu has a online program for G1's at Raketu Android - Log In BUT when I tried to use it it wants to call my phone. Is this a Call back service? Website says 1 cents to call the USA but when I tried it wants 17 cents a minute so I tried a 1 800 number and again it wants 17 cents a minute. If I am using WiFi and connected to their website in the USA and making a call in the USA why are they trying to charge 17 cents a minute? Skype STILL will not allow Vietnam users with G1's call at all. Its been a LONG TIME... Can someone make a VOIP Program that works and does what it should. That is using WiFi I should be able to make a cheap US Call !!!!!!!

Raketu has a online program for G1's at Raketu Android - Log In BUT when I tried to use it it wants to call my phone. Is this a Call back service? Website says 1 cents to call the USA but when I tried it wants 17 cents a minute so I tried a 1 800 number and again it wants 17 cents a minute. If I am using WiFi and connected to their website in the USA and making a call in the USA why are they trying to charge 17 cents a minute? Skype STILL will not allow Vietnam users with G1's call at all. Its been a LONG TIME... Can someone make a VOIP Program that works and does what it should. That is using WiFi I should be able to make a cheap US Call !!!!!!!

Like All VOIP service they have Land-line costs and leased services to pay for ... so if any part of an outbound or inbound call requires landline or leased services, then it makes sense for them to charge...

Upvote 0
They wrote back and they do have a call out service that is 1 cents a minute BECAUSE I would be connected to their website in the USA. Just one little problem. Its Flash Based..... So when do we get our Flash 10 lite ? Its April 28.... Where is our CupCake...... Where is the Open Source Phone I paid $400 usd for ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Upvote 0
They wrote back and they do have a call out service that is 1 cents a minute BECAUSE I would be connected to their website in the USA. Just one little problem. Its Flash Based..... So when do we get our Flash 10 lite ? Its April 28.... Where is our CupCake...... Where is the Open Source Phone I paid $400 usd for ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You can start your writing campaign to Adobe for Flash ... it isn't going to happen without them !!!

Upvote 0
The problem is that I am in Vietnam. There is no reason other than profit is using a landline to Vietnam. I am connected to WIFI so why do these programs want to call the USA. With WIFI I am already there. Now that I got Cupcake SIPDROID is working I just nahe to set it up. Then I HOPE it will work and cheap too. Took me awile to find the Walkie Talkie program since my Market does not have paid aps but I found it on his site and it works BUT other person must have a G1. They say they might make a website program for sufers to "Talk" with a G1 user. If so that would work to but slowly. Now if only they would give us FLASH..... Then we could use whats already there and working. I could then call the USA for 1 cents a minute if ONLY Flash we had...

Upvote 0
The problem is that I am in Vietnam. There is no reason other than profit is using a landline to Vietnam. I am connected to WIFI Business Voip Phone System so why do these programs want to call the USA. With WIFI Voip Wholesale I am already there. Now that I got Cupcake SIPDROID is working I just nahe to set it up. Then I HOPE it will work and cheap too. Took me awile to find the Walkie Talkie program since my Market does not have paid aps but I found it on his site and it works BUT other person must have a G1. They say they might make a website program for sufers to "Talk" with a G1 user. If so that would work to but slowly. Now if only they would give us FLASH..... Then we could use whats already there and working. I could then call the USA for 1 cents a minute if ONLY Flash we had...

It is hard enough being away from your friends and family but when you can call home for just about nothing, it makes it a bit easier!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones