• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random blue screen and visual static

I've got a stock Galaxy S Relay 4G, not rooted, software current, which has suddenly started displaying a blank blue screen, requiring a battery-out reboot. There doesn't seem to be anything in common between events, except that I'm performing a screen-tap action.

I've also started experiencing "static" - random lines of bits on the screen - while interacting with the screen.

My last slider died from flex-cable problems. Am I just to hard on my phone to be trusted with a slide-out keyboard? This one is less than a year old.

(And not very popular, by the looks of this board...)

No replies, but 20 views, so to paraphrase Monty Python, this phone's not dead yet.

After the last time I put the battery back in, I noticed as it powered up that the phone reminded me that it was in Power Saver mode. Hmm. I took the phone off of Power Saver and it hasn't blue-screened since. It hasn't had any display glitches, either.

It's been a week, so I think the problem may have been that I left it in Power Saver mode for a few days. I'm not going to turn Power Saver back on to test this theory, though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones