1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Random blue screen and visual static

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RobertB-DC, Dec 11, 2013.

1. RobertB-DC

RobertB-DC Well-Known Member

I've got a stock Galaxy S Relay 4G, not rooted, software current, which has suddenly started displaying a blank blue screen, requiring a battery-out reboot. There doesn't seem to be anything in common between events, except that I'm performing a screen-tap action.

I've also started experiencing "static" - random lines of bits on the screen - while interacting with the screen.

My last slider died from flex-cable problems. Am I just to hard on my phone to be trusted with a slide-out keyboard? This one is less than a year old.

(And not very popular, by the looks of this board...)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RobertB-DC

RobertB-DC Well-Known Member

No replies, but 20 views, so to paraphrase Monty Python, this phone's not dead yet.

After the last time I put the battery back in, I noticed as it powered up that the phone reminded me that it was in Power Saver mode. Hmm. I took the phone off of Power Saver and it hasn't blue-screened since. It hasn't had any display glitches, either.

It's been a week, so I think the problem may have been that I left it in Power Saver mode for a few days. I'm not going to turn Power Saver back on to test this theory, though.

Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews