• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random network errors during online video playback

Master_W

Sep 2, 2015
Device: Nexus 7 (2013)

I've been having a problem with network errors popping up whenever I'm watching online videos on my Android tablet. The video will load and play for about 5-10 mins nice and smooth with no buffering, then a network error will pop up and I have to reload the page and restart the video. It's not like my internet is dropping out, because right after it happens I'm able to immediately reload the page and fast forward to where I was and continue for another 5-10 mins before it happens again. It's not browser related either, it happens with both Chrome and Firefox. I thought it might be the "Google Connectivity Services" program that came installed, as there were a lot of bad reviews for it on the Play Store. I disabled that, but it made no difference.

I never get these types of issues on my iOS devices or PC. If someone could help me get this fixed that would be great!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones